You are here
Preparing Your Resume
Submitting a CV/resume – General information
To make it easier for us to determine where you might best fit within our organization, you can take a few simple steps to help us understand your qualifications.
- Preferably submit your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Text formats are also acceptable.
- All resumes and related materials (transcripts, portfolios, etc.) should be submitted in English.
- Only include essential personal information and be sure to include your name and how to contact you in the resume, not just your cover letter. Also, include your email, phone, and city and state of residence. Do NOT include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, military status, citizenship status or personal identification numbers.
- If you use acronyms, spell them out once unless they are well known in industry.
Your CV/resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments.
- Your resume should include the full name of all post-secondary institutions attended, degrees conferred, and a cumulative grade point average (if available) for each degree received.
- Only report your college/university-level education. However, if you completed a "year abroad" program as part of your pre-university education, feel free to include this in your resume.
- Provide a brief description of projects you completed related to the position for which you are applying.
Your Work Experience
You may be fresh out of college/university or have substantial work experience and a history of accomplishments. Either way, we want to know what skills you've acquired along the way. We'll look closely at the work experience section of your resume, so the information you provide here is very important.
- Provide your job title, employer name and dates of employment.
- Provide a brief description of the companies you have worked for especially if they are not well known.
- Provide your specific “key accomplishments” in each role.
- We want to see concise (ie. bulleted), important details on your key accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your company. For engineering resumes, please include the programming languages and tools used for each.
- If you worked while attending a college/university, either during the summer or concurrent with your course work, be sure to mention this even if it isn't specifically related to a potential job at Plexis.
- Customize your resume by highlighting the skills that are relevant to the position.
Tell us what makes you unique! Here at Plexis, we value talent and intelligence, group spirit and diversity, creativity and idealism. Plexicans range from former t'ai chi masters and bagpipe players to climbers of Mt. Kilamanjaro and yoga teachers.
- Be sure to include any awards received, articles published, conference presentations given, or professional organizations you are involved in (ie. SWE, IEEE, ACM, etc.). We don't need to see copies of awards or publications, just a reference to them.
- You can also include personal projects related to the position.
*Please note that we are unable to sponsor an H1-B Visa at this time.